Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week One- 71/2 Habits of LifeLong Learner

I feel that the easiest habit for me to embrace is teaching/mentoring others. As a former school teacher, I believe in using patience and encouragement to assist others in learning a new task.
Once I learn a task, I will be eager to pass my understanding on to others.

The hardest habit for me to master will be having the confidence to struggle with the various technical objectives of Maryland 23 without giving up. I understand that this is a learning activity and that the process of learning is just as important as the outcome. However, it is difficult to let go of the fear of being wrong or the fear of not " getting it" and to instead, just relax and have fun with it.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Congratulations on getting started! We highly encourage everyone to do just what you said - once you learn something, pass on your understanding to others. Sharing what you learn is one of the best parts of the program!

Latiesha D. Bush said...

You can do it! Keep up the good work and remember that we are all learning together!